UK Aug. GfK Consumer Confidence Survey - UK Confidence has bounced about halfway back to where it came from before the crisis.
- Japan Jul. Jobless Rate, CPI, Household Spending - the big Friday batch of data that arrives in the last week of every month. Markets more interested in upcoming Aug. 30 election and the direction in risk appetite - particularly in the long bond.
- UK Q2 GDP - 2nd estimate
- EuroZone Aug. Confidence Data
Canada Q2 Current Account
- US Jul. Personal Income/Spending - spending levels are back to unchanged on a month-to-month basis, the moving average in incomes is of more concern - especially with so few still working...
- US Jul. PCE deflator/core - the core price index is a few tenths of a percent from 50 year lows - are we headed there?
- US Aug. Final University of Michigan Confidence - the ugly initial reading touched off a brief swoon in risk appetite before it recovered. Confidence matters! President Obama's approval ratings are also weakening, though that could be a symptom of the highly controversial healthcare reform issue.